Monday, April 19, 2010

What next!?

So this has been no less of an exciting week then all the rest! Car troubles one after another always little stuff but still things that keep you from being able to drive, the kids and I are now pro's at helping David push the car even a few times bare foot, thank goodness we seem to always find helping hands, locals always stop and Bill has helped us tons, not to mention Josh he is always able to put in the parts for us. There have been a couple of scorpion and bee stings but I really was hoping for nothing much more then along these lines. Silly me! Three kids in a foreign country for 4 months...





So Ruby was playing on the hammock Thursday and flipped off onto her chin! Well I took one look and knew she had to get stitches, I called David and Bill to look and they agreed and Bill quickly called Dr. Freddy the Dr in town to see if he was in. He was about to take lunch but waited for us so he could fix up poor little Ruby.

We drove down to Samara as fast as we could. I never want to have to do that again, we had to hold her down as the Dr. put 5 stitches in her precious little chin, I was at her arms holding them down and her body, (with a clear view of all the going on's of the procedure)David was at her head and the nurse at her legs, then the Dr. called in the waiting room for a man to help with her feet! She is a fighter. It was so hard hearing her cry for us to let her go and we couldn't, we were all in tears! I could barley tell her its ok. I just couldn't get words out with out sounding helpless to her. It was pretty deep, all the way to the bone, not a pretty sight but she is all better now and we can cut out the stitches on Friday!

Then Noah was boogie boarding in some tough waves on a heavier board then he is used to and it came up and smacked him in the face and broke the board... oh and his nose! Well now he matches his parents! Builds character right!

Oh well nothing too bad and its all over... wait Brooklyn! At assembly Bill comes up to me and says Brooklyn's knees are all bloody! Great! I go to find her and take her to 1st aid, it wasn't to bad she scraped them up really good, but she's a trooper and after a scorpion nothing will stop her. It was difficult to translate to the brother what I needed in 1st aid so he gave me on tiny band aid while he drank his coffee. So good thing I had the gauze from Ruby's chin it came in handy. Well that's all for now we are all alive and feel just fine, just have some more memories to add to our stay here in Costa Rica.

5 comments:

  1. Give each one of the kids a kiss from Grandma Mary. Ruby just had to join the scar on the chin club didn't she. Guess it was about that time huh? That must have been painful for everyone! And oh my goodness. Noah had quite an experience. Love his big smile in the picture despite the swellen nose. Brooklyn is so tough -- can't imagine getting stung by a scorpion. Love you all very much. (Marion says hurry back home)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I feel as bad for you and David as Ruby! On Sunday night, Sam must have riden his little bike off the steps going down our deck and he smashed his mouth. So much blood was was dripping out, I was horrified. It is so traumatic seeing your kids bleed. His bottom teeth punched through his lower lip, and he knocked some upper teeth loose, but not out. His chin is all bruised. I took him to the dentist; he will be fine. Kids heal so fast! I cannot imagine anything more emotionally draining then having to hold your baby down for a procedure like that. That is real love and devotion, for sure. You are probably more scarred the incident than Ruby was. Okay... Love you guys! Stay safe! Stomp on some scorpians for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading about what happened to Ruby makes me cry! I think it's hard to hold my kids down to get shots, I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to hold Ruby down to get stitches!! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ruby baby!!! She does match brooklyn now! I miss them so much!!! I'm happy they are all okay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...I was dying reading this!! SO SORRY!! :(( Lots of hugs and kisses to all of you from us. Cant wait to see you xxoo

    ReplyDelete