Friday, April 9, 2010

Silencio y El Toro!





We have a new member of the Jackson Family. We were in service a few week's ago in a area called Silencio and a bible study of a sisters here had a bowl full of four day old Parakeets, so of course we had to give one a home. This house we we're at just blew me away, a women there was scrubbing her clothes on a big stone and then hanging them (thats common here), there was a huge pig walking around the yard, a few dogs, and they had a big box built up around there water well, this is how they get water, one bucket at a time, there drainage system ran right through their yard/outside living area.

So Brooklyn is its new mommy, she wakes up early in the morning when it calls for her and feeds it with a dropper. Its now four weeks old and getting a lot more feathers coming in. Its nice for them to have a pet, and really with all the other chirps we hear all day and night, we barely hear Silencio.
Wednesday in service we had such a great day very productive, and very exciting, we picked up a few others and worked an area called panama. We started a new study with one of our Rv's and got Raul home who we've had a couple of really nice study's with. On our first study with him he kept calling Jesus "God". So we showed him Psalms 83:18 to explain that Gods name is Jehovah. He was very surprised to see Gods name in the bible since he had never seen it in his bible before. He has so many questions about the bible and when we answer his questions from the bible he is so grateful. We look forward to seeing Raul every week, he is such a highlight of our ministry.

The other exciting....scary thing that happened on Wednesday was that me (David), Noah, and Flugencio (a 78 yr old brother in our hall) were attacked twice by a toro (bull)!! we were walking down a small side road when a toro showed up out of no where. Flugencio told us to get behind him as he put his arm out towards the toro. Like he was going to protect us from it (ha ha). As soon as he put his arm out the toro charged us!! I have never been so scared in my life. We all ran as fast as we could, and at first I forgot that my 6 yr old son was behind me. Fortunately he was smart enough to run as well. Of course he doesnt like cows anymore. And I have never seen a 78 yr old run so fast. The Toro for some reason turned away as it got within about a foot of running us all over. So we went and did the 2 houses that were on the road, however it was a dead end so we had to go back to get to the group. As we headed back I started thinking the bull might still be there, and he was!! This time I was ready for him. We were walking back when I saw him in the brush next to the road. I think he was looking to surprise attack us. When I saw him I said to flugencio "Toro?" like what do we do this time. No sooner did the toro attack and so Flugencio shouted "al puente" "al puente", which means in english "to the bridge" "to the bridge". Well this worked out pretty well because this bridge is so old and dangerously unstable that even the toro knew not to go on it. This time I also remembered to grab Noah's arm and make sure he was with me. We got on the bridge and the toro ran off. Then Flugencio told us to get off the bridge because its very "Peligroso" which means dangerous. We were all shook up when we got back to the group, however I guess this doesnt happen very often so we have a pretty cool story to tell all the friends.

2 comments:

  1. Silencio is very cute and I'm happy to hear Brooklyn is being such a good mommy. Tell Noah I'm so happy he is safe and didn't get hurt by the Toro. What an story!!! That must have been very scary. Good to hear about your experiences and see some pictures. Miss you and love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad that all were able to run fast. We want all of you to come back in 1 piece. I miss all of you, but I'm glad that you got to have this wonderful opportunity. Such an educational experience.

    ReplyDelete