Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Food!!!

So everyone always is asking me what is the food like in Costa Rica. So I have been collecting some photos to show everyone back home and let you take a look and see what it is we eat! So exciting I know, this for me was a big adjustment because of not having all the ingreance at my finger tips. The things we buy at home like peanut butter are so spendy here too, so we have to adjust the things we like!


Ok everyone back home, here is a sneak peek...


Our Fridge!






Our Pantry!



We had just got back from the store, love a full fridge, doesn't last long...



So is it just Beans and Rice?

Typical dish


No, we also have Rice and Beans!

This is were I get our fruit and veggies. On one of the main streets in town.












Check out these mango's in comparison to Ruby's arm look at the top. They are huge. I love the small ones too. We will find the trees out in service and eat and take home quite a bit. So yummy, con sal y limon muy rico!





So all in all we eat pretty good!!! Cant wait to cook everyone a good Costa Ricen Dinner!



Its really green here now cause the rain and things grow like crazy, so lush just from a few weeks of rain, Here is a photo of our view now.

Beautiful!!! Huh?





oh and we do have to buy Noah's fav. this is like 5/6 bucks...


Ahhh it hurts to say that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to some of your Costa Rican cookin!!! I know it's going to be good :). The view from your backyard is beautiful. So much greener than when I was there. I'm so excited to see you Monday night! Have a good trip home and enjoy your last few days in Costa Rica. Give my love to the brothers and sister there. Make sure to get Kevin's address so I can send him a picture. Love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete